Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Scrapy Land Challenge #38 ~ Think Green for Saint Patrick's Day!


Hello Blogging Buddies!!

Today is the start Scrapy Land Challenge #38

The theme for this challenge is:

Think Green for Saint Patrick's Day!!

PLUS use any brand of low profile or steel ruled die Scrapy Land sells.

Scrapy Land has over 40 brands of dies.  You can see them all here.

Here is my card for Scrapy Land Challenge #38:


Ingredients:

Quickutz Shamrock die
Rainbow paper from my stash
Bakers Twine
Shamrock Charm

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I added the green print paper after inking the edges with green ink.  I cut out the old Quickutz Shamrock die in light green paper, inked the edges with green ink and added that to the card.  Next I cut out the Die-Versions Whispers Rainy Day die with the rainbow paper and added that to the card.  Then I cut out the Cheery Lynn Celtic Heart twice, once with dark green paper and once with the Graphic 45 Children's Hour paper and I pieced the heart together and added that to the card.  I added the sentiment to the card and then I took some green bakers twine and wrapped that around the card and tied the shamrock charm to the top of the card.

I hope I have inspired you to join us at the Scrapy Land Challenge #38! So get busy and enter our challenge!


Please remember: 
~ include one or more die brands that Scrapy Land sells
~ follow the theme
~ include a link to the Scrapy Land Challenge in your post.  
~ It would be extremely helpful if you would list the brands of dies used in your project as well.
~ Please limit the number of entries to five.

The challenge closes on April 3, 2016, giving the Designers time to choose the Winner and the Top Three.  Your project doesn't have to be a Saint Patrick's Day card, but there should be a lot of green on your creation!  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to the Scrapy Land store.



Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

11 comments:

  1. Lori,
    that rainbow sun peaking behind the cutest ever cloud simply stole my heart!!! I love this card!!!!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun design!! I love how all of the elements come together to make a Spring like design!! :) Such lovely details Lori!! P.S. I won't be around for a couple of weeks in case you are wondering where I went! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love the rainbow paper with the DV die (I don't think I've noticed it before but really like it!) Great St. Patty's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh! What an incredible use of die cuts, Lori! I have that "rain drop" die and never thought of using it as an April Showers theme with the promise of a rainbow. GORGEOUS design, and I love the papers used in your heart die cut. EVERYTHING is beautiful. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Lori. I love how you used the rain cloud and rainbow with the shamrock and heart. Beautiful use of the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun and so pretty. Love that big shamrock!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love this, Lori!! The rainbow cloud is amazing!! The shamrock is fabulous!! And the heart is gorgeous!! What a perfect St. Patty's Day card!! I purchased that cloud die but haven't used it yet...you've inspired me!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Lori , and I Love this rainbow Cloud!
    I NEED THIS DIE !!!!!
    Fabulous design
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card and love the shamrock. The cloud and rain are so cute! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those wonderful die cuts and your layout is beautiful. The rainbow die turned out so nice. Have to check that out. The charm is a adorable touch.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!