Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thinking of You

Hello Friends,

Today I am going to share with you a card I made for a friend of mine and I am also entering it in the Lil' Inker Designs Challenge:  August Monthly Meetup Challenge and LID's 5th Birthday!  Wishing Lil' Inker Designs a Very Happy Birthday!  I love your stamps and dies!!  Here is my card for this challenge:


For this card I started with white card stock for the base of the card, then I took the striped paper, inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink and then added that to the base.  Next I cut out the rectangle using the Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangle die with some pink paper.  I stamped the sentiment using the Victorian Velvet distress ink, inked the edges and then added that to the center of the card. Then I used the Lil' Inker Designs Quilted Flower die set and cut out the flowers in 2 different shades of pink paper and 2 different shades of green paper.  I also used the embossed stitching part of the die set to get my stitching lines and then I added them around the sentiment.  So what do you think?  I just adore this new Quilted Flower die set, it makes such beautiful flowers and I can't tell you how many times I run to my Stitched Mats dies for sentiments!

Don't forget to check out the other great creations over at the August Monthly Meetup Challenge!


Happy 5th Birthday Lil' Inker Designs!!


I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute, Lori! I especially like the alternating colors in your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and those flowers look like they're in full bloom! Love the background stripes too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the stitched flowers!! The colors are so beautiful!! The sparkle in the background paper is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I'm so glad you're enjoying our stamps and dies! This is a lovely creation! I especially love the layout you've created here! And I really love the combo of colors you've used for the flowers. Truly lovely!! Thank you again so much for joining us this month and I look forward to looking forward to you joining us again next month!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!