Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Silver Bells

Hello Peeps,

I am here today with a card that I made for the 2014 Caring Hearts Card Drive 


The Caring Hearts Card Drive is to collect homemade holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes.  It runs from October 4 to November 28, all cards must be to them by November 28. You can find out more details about this card drive here.  This was started by Vera Yang and her and Jennifer McGuire are running this card drive this year.  Here is my card:



For this A2 card I started with a light green cardstock and added some chalkboard paper that had the Holiday Joy already printed on it.  Next I stamped the bells image with black ink and I colored it with Copic Markers, Glitter Pen and Glaze Pens.  Then I cut it out with Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels Dies 1, then I inked the edges with green ink and mounted that on some red paper and cut it out with the next size up die from the Fancy Labels Dies 1 and attached that to the card.  I sure do hope it brings a smile to someone's face in a Nursing Home.  I will be making more cards for the card drive and posting them as I get them made.  I would love to hear that you are joining in and making cards for this wonderful project!!

Don't forget to stop back tomorrow to see what I created for the Scrapy Land Challenge #5 that goes live tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Lori, it's beautiful and for a wonderful cause! Love those pretty bells.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Lori!! The bells are so pretty!! You showcased them beautifully!! What a wonderful cause this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!