Saturday, February 11, 2017

Joy Clair Prayer Warrior

**THIS IS ONE OF 2 POSTS I HAVE TODAY**

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE JOY CLAIR BREAKFAST FOREVER VALENTINE GO HERE


Hello Blogging Friends!

Today I am on the Joy Clair Blog with a card I made using the newly released Prayer Warrior stamp set.



To start my project I stamped the girl from the Prayer Warrior stamp set with black ink onto some white watercolor paper and then I colored her in with watercolor pencils. After I was finished coloring her all in I took a small paint brush with just a little bit of water and ran the brush over my coloring to blend the colors and smooth it out.


Since I got some of the paint from my brush onto the white background, you see it on the right side next to her feathers, I decided to fussy cut her out instead.  Sometimes I start out with a plan but I make a mistake and have to alter my plans, you learn to go with the flow!  So I fussy cut her out instead.  I decided I needed to add an arrow to the card, so I stamped the arrow with Versa mark onto some more white watercolor paper and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.


Now it is time to paint the arrow and I decided to use a different water coloring technique, so I got my distress ink, a clear stamp block and a water brush to paint the arrow.


First I take the Aged Mahogany distress ink and rub some on the clear stamp block, then I squeeze a little bit of water from my water brush onto the block and swirl that around and paint the arrow with the water brush until I get the color that I want.


I do the same thing with the Cracked Pistachio distress ink and then when the arrow is all dry I fussy cut it out and get ready to stamp my sentiment.


I picked my sentiment and now it is time to color the background.


I decide that I want to use the Tattered Rose distress ink and the Evergreen Bough distress ink to color my background.  So I take my blending tool and rub the two colors onto the background.  Now it is time to position the girl and the arrow.


After I decide on their placement I glue them down on the background. Then I get some Kraft card stock for the base of the card.


I inked the edges of the inked paper with Tattered Rose distress ink and attach it to my Kraft card base and my card is done!  I love the way the colors all came together on this card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love the image and the sentiment. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Lori! Thanks for sharing all the steps for making it! I really like the arrow! I think I need to do more heat embossing! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!The background is Awesome!!Love the sentiment too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lori!! The colors are amazing!! I love the design and the beautiful images you used!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori love how you have shown the step by step...makes it all the more lovely to see the final gorgeous creation
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!