Hello Blogging Buddies,
Today I am going to share with you some information about a very important Card Drive that I am participating in, Hug a Heart Card Drive for Children and I am inviting you to join me and as an added bonus Christina Hor is offering some amazing prizes!!
The Hug a Heart Card Drive for Children is being run by Christina Hor whose husband is a Cardiologist at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Ohio. Christina is looking for card makers to help reach out and hug a child's heart during the very important American Heart Month.
PURPOSE OF THE CARD DRIVE:
The purpose of this card drive, which runs from 1/16/17 to 2/14/17, is to help collect handmade heart theme cards (non-Valentine's Day) such as Thinking of You, Hello or Just Because cards for many of the Heart Center patients at Nationwide Children's Hospital during February's American Heart Month. Each card you make will bring heartwarming encouragement to all who are affected by heart disease ~ patients and their families. Anyone is welcome to help make the cards, including young children and grandchildren.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR CARD DONATIONS
* Hug a Heart Card Drive is open to both US and International participants. Anyone is welcome to help make the cards, including young children and grandchildren.
* This card drive runs from 1/16/17 to 2/14/17 but any cards received after February will always be given to heart patients.
* Card Types: handmade "heart" theme (non-Valentine's Day) cards such as Thinking of You, Hello, or Just Because cards for children between ages of 1 to 19. As long as there are hearts on the cards, it counts.
* Greetings (Sentiments) on your card front is optional. But if you do include one, here are some suggestions: Sending Hugs, Sending Smiles, Thinking of You, Wishing you a beautiful day, or hello. NO Valentine's day greetings please.
* Inside of cards: Please do not stamp or write inside the card. Keep it completely blank so hospital staff may write a personal message to each individual patient. If using a dark colored card base, please adhere a white or light colored piece of card stock to the inside of card to make it easier for patients to read the hand written message.
* Card size: please try to keep it to an A2 card ( 4.25" by 5.5 " finished size).
* Back of cards: This is completely optional. You may include a label "handmade by + your name + Hug A Heart Card Drive 2017" to the back of your card. It can be hand written, stamped or small computer printout label.
* Please include an envelope for each card. Do not seal the envelope.
* Please do not use loose glitter as it will get on hands and into eyes.
* Please keep embellishments to a minimum and avoid using any thing that might be unsafe for young children.
* Mail your box/package to: Christina Hor, P.O. Box 517, Dublin, Ohio 43017
* Please include the following information with the cards so that I may acknowledge your gift of cards and enter you for the prize giveaways (see PRIZES below).
1. Your Full Name
2. E-mail Address
3. Mailing Address
* Got specific questions or need more clarification about the card drive: Please don't hesitate to contact Christina directly at: email@example.com.
* Optional ~ if you would like to help spread the word about Hug a Heart Card Drive, please use hashtag #hugaheartcarddrive when sharing your project on social media.
"THANK YOU" PRIZES GIVEAWAY:
To thank you for your participation and generous gift of cards, Christina has several prize packages to giveaway. To be considered for the prize drawing, please be sure to include a form with your full name, e-mail address and mailing address when mailing in your box/package of cards.
* Prize Package #1 (all participants) - everyone that sends in cards will receive a freebie of the this Heart Panda digi set by Christina herself!
* Hug for Your Heart digi set by Donna Ellis ~ everyone that sends in a card will receive this beautiful and generous gift of word art from the lovely Donna Ellis.
* Prize Package #2 (US participants only) - to two random winners, a box of brand new craft goodies, each value at $25.
* Prize Package #3 (International participants only) - to two random winners, a $25 gift certificate to shop at Simon Says Stamps.
* Platinum package (all participants) - to ONE Participant that sends in 30+ cards an entry into a drawing for a $50 Simon Says Stamp Gift Certificate.
We will have a Hug A Heart Blog Hop on February 1st!!
So mark your calendars for February 1st to see some of the wonderful cards that are being made for this cause by some awesome and talented Designers!!
I do hope you will join me in making some cards and by sharing the message!!
Share the Message!!
Please help share with others about Hug a Heart Card Drive and brighten a heart patient's day this February's Heart Month by displaying the Hug a Hear Card Drive banner below on your blog's sidebar as well as on social media. Please use hashtag #hugaheartcarddrive when sharing on social media. Thank you so kindly!!