Thursday, August 11, 2016

DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #186 ~ VACATION

**This is one of two posts that I have today, if you are looking for the Joy Clair post please go here.**

Hello Blogging Buddies,

Today is the start of a new challenge on the DL.ART Challenge Blog!!


Here is my card for this challenge:


Ingredients:

Brown ink
Black ink
Various paper from my stash
Mrs. Grossman's sentiment sticker

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I then took some wood grain paper, inked the edges with brown ink and added that to the base of the card. Next I cut out the Die-Versions Ocean Tag die, inked the edges with brown ink, inlaid the small pieces, put the sentiment sticker on the tag and tied the DL.ART Mermaids Tale Second Edition Blue Hue Tail Crinkle Ribbon and attached that to the card.  I took the Die-Versions Whispers Hawaiian Shirt die and cut it out with some brown paper and attached that to some orange paper and then fussy cut the edges and added that to the card.  I cut out the Die-Versions Sweet Petites Crab die with some red paper, inked the edges with black ink and added that to the card.  Now doesn't this look like a postcard you would send to someone while you are away at some beach getaway?

Please be sure to check out all the other wonderful creations from the Design Team here.  Don't forget to stop by the DL.ART SHOP too!  There are LOTS of new things in the store now!!  Oh, and don't forget that Diana gives my blog followers a 10% discount when ordering from DL.ART Store by using the code:  LK456 Happy Shopping!!

Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori


9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. It almost makes me want to go and do my packing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun shirt die! Super cool!!
    Totally cute & fun!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the shirt came out great colors and great use of the ribbon
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous, Lori!! I love the background paper you used!! The shirt looks amazing!! I haven't used that die in forever and I don't know why!! I love it!! Gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would love a shirt like that. I love how you placed the crab and tag. Have a great evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cool, love it, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is such a super cute design!! LOVE the fun beach elements with the crab and shirt! :) So colorful and fun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Aloha flair on this card - perfect cardZ!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!