Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Blessed Christmas

Hello Blogging Buddies,

Today I have a fun Christmas card to share with you!


For this A2 card I started with white card stock and attached the snowflake paper after inking the edges with Faded Jeans distress ink.  Next I stamped the Penny Black Igloo stamp with black ink onto white paper and I colored it with Copic markers.  This image just makes me smile!  Probably because I have two huskies that love to lay in the snow and would adore this igloo!  After I finished coloring it I fussy cut it out and added it to the card.  I used a Unity Stamp Unto Us stamp set for the sentiment and stamped that with black ink onto white paper and cut it out with a scalloped square die, inked the edges with Faded Jeans distress ink and then added it to the card.  Isn't it so sweet!  The girl is adorable and I swear that husky is smiling just like one of mine does!

I will be mailing this card to Caring Hearts Card Drive along with the other Christmas cards I have been making.
This is the 6th year that Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire   have been collecting handmade Christmas cards to give to those that live in nursing homes.  Caring Hearts Card Drive is all about bringing joy and holiday cheer to the elderly that are often quite lonely.  This card drive will be going on from October 3 to November 27, 2015.  All Christmas cards must be delivered before November 27th.

I  hope I have inspired you to create a Christmas card today for the Caring Hearts Card Drive to bring some joy to someone living in a nursing home.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori, I love the sweet image and the snow background
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS! I think I'm in love with that image! So cute and your card is just beautiful. Love the background and all those pretty snowflakes.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the snowflake paper!! The image is so sweet!! The little husky is too cute!! What a fabulous card this is my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!