Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Doxie Christmas!!

Hello Peeps,

I am here today with another card for the Caring Hearts Card Drive!


Caring Hearts Card Drive is a card drive organized by Vera Yates & Jennifer McGuire with the goal to collect holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing home. During this time many of the elderly who live in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten.

The card drive is going on right now till November 28, 2014. If you'd like to send your cards for the card drive please go to visit these posts on Vera Yates or Jennifer McGuire blogs for the card drive details.

Here is my card for today:  A Doxie Christmas!!


 For this A2 card I started with tan cardstock for the base of the card and I added a piece of patterned kraft paper to that.  Next I took one of the stamps from Newton's Nook Holiday Hounds stamp set and stamped it on white paper with black ink and then colored it in with Copic Markers.  I then cut it out with Spellbinders Distressed Edge Nestabilities and put that on some red paper and cut that out with the next size up die.  I added that to the card and then I cut out the Die-Versions Sweet Wordlets "Blessings" and the Magnolia DooHickey's Snowy Forest die in the green paper and added them both to the card.  So what do you think?  Will this make someone smile? I know it sure makes me smile!!  I think that little doxie all tangled up in Christmas lights is adorable!!

I hope I have inspired you to create something today!  Maybe a Christmas Card for the Caring Hearts Card Drive!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

3 comments:

  1. This will definitely bring a smile to the recipient's face, Lori!! That is the most adorable image!! I love the trees, too!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute, Lori! It is so wonderful to be able to give to those who truly appreciate the thought behind the card, and that it is hand-made, isn't it? hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring on the pup! Love those bright holiday lights!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!