Sunday, April 6, 2014

ODBD April Challenge

Hello Friends,

Today I want to share with you a card that I made for the Our Daily Bread Designs April Challenge.  Each month ODBD presents a challenge to the card makers at Operation Write Home that they will pay for shipping of either one or two boxes of cards to be shipped to our heroes.  One box for 25 cards posted or 2 boxes for 50 cards posted.  This month the challenge is to make a card with an Insect.  Here is my card:



For this A2 card I started with brown cardstock for the base of the card.  Next I cut out a 4 inch by 5 1/4 inch piece of Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper and added that to the base.  Next I took a Spellbinders Nestable die and cut out a solid brown paper from the same Graphic 45 paper and a piece of craft paper in the smaller nestable die.  Then I cut out the Memory Box Butterfly die twice, once in black and once in yellow paper and I inlaid the yellow pieces inside the black lining of the butterfly and added that to the layers on the card.  I don't know about you, but for me Butterflies are my favorite insects!  They are all so beautiful!

I hope I have inspired you to create something today.  Don't forget to check out all the amazing cards that the other card makers have made for this challenge at the ODBD April Challenge.  If you have any comments or questions for me, please feel free to leave them in the comments section.  I love reading what you think of my cards!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!