Thursday, October 18, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays October Encouragement Challenge





Hello Blogging Friends!!


Today is the 18th of the month and that means it is the
 start of a new Encouragement Squad Challenge!


Why do we have the Encouragement Challenge??  There are a bazillion reasons someone might need a pick me up from going through an illness, relationship woes, working through a big life decision or just feeling a little lonely or unappreciated!  Wouldn't it be nice to have a stash of cards you could send to a friend or loved one who could use a bright spot in their day?  This challenge is here to help you with that!  On the 18th of each month we will start a new challenge with a new inspiration photo.


Here is the Sketch Challenge for October:



Here is my card:




Ingredients:

White card stock
Neenah Solar White paper
Black ink
Victorian Velvet distress ink
Pink patterned paper
Pink Sprinkles

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took two pieces of pink patterned paper, inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink and added them to the card overlapping the one of them.  I took some Neenah Solar White paper and the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Dream Then Do stamp set and black ink and stamped the sentiment onto the paper.  I then cut that out with the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Scallop Tags die, inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I took some of the Rose crinkle ribbon and tied a bow on the top of the tag and then I added the tag to the card.  I three pink sprinkles onto the card.



Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code cas-comfort to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.



Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the Design Team have made.



Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!



Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. As I mentioned before Lori, this is such a soft and gorgeous beauty with the elegant sentiment! Love this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this a wonderful card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore that ribbon-I just can't tie a bow!! Gorgeous, pretty card and wonderful sentiment-I must get that set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Lori!! The sentiment is so beautiful!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lori, and I especially love the sentiment which says it all! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I really like the way you've used texture to showcase the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!