Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thankful Cards


Hello Blogging Friends!!


I just recently learned about the Global Art Swap through a person I exchanged notes with through the Love Notes program run by Jennifer Belthoff.  If you want to learn more about Love Notes you can go here to read all about it.  If you would like to learn about the Global Art Swap you can go here to read all about it and they are having another swap coming up in December.


Here are the cards that I made to send to my 3 people:







I used distress oxide for my backgrounds, I rubbed different colors of distress oxide onto watercolor paper with my blending tool and then I spritzed the paper with water and let it dry.  I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Trails to put the hearts onto the card.  I stamped the Impression Obsession Thankful die with black ink onto more watercolor paper and then I used my ripping edge ruler to tear the edges of the paper.  I colored in the Thankful with Copic markers and I inked the ripped edges with Tea Dye distress ink and added it to the card. 


This is my first heART Swap and I am really looking forward to seeing what my 3 people send to me.


Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!


I am very thankful for all my loyal followers of my blog!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your cards are gorgeous I bet the recipients were thrilled to receive them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! You did a wonderful job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so stunning, Lori!! The backgrounds look amazing!! The colors are gorgeous!! The recipients will love these!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Lori, I love those backgrounds! I haven't worked with distress inks in that way but I'm certainly inspired to try something new. Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, these are so vibrantly colored, and beautifully assembled! The textures are WOWOW! I especially like that you used a die to emboss the heart flourishes, and the extra color you've added to the gorgeous "thanks" in your sentiment! Lovely creations, and your swap partners will be delighted! Happy Thanksgiving, my dear NJ friend! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!