Monday, September 18, 2017

Calling All Sistahs September Encouragement Challenge

**This is one of 2 posts that I have today.  If you are looking for the Fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop ~ Day 4 please go here. Thank you!!**



Hello My Blogging Sistahs!!


Today is the start of the September CAS-ual Fridays  Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge!!  


The challenge is to use the inspiration photo below to make an encouraging card to send to someone who is going through a difficult time right now.  It doesn't have to be cancer, it can be for someone who needs to know that someone is thinking of them and encouraging them!   Who doesn't love to receive Happy Mail?!?


Each month on the 17th the Encouragement Squad will be showcasing their Calling All Sistahs Reminder cards and then on the 18th of each month the Encouragement Squad will have an inspiration picture for the challenge!


We have this beautiful picture to give you inspiration:



Here is my card for this challenge:




Ingredients:

Kraft card stock
Black ink
Wild Honey Oxide
Fossilized Amber Oxide
Abandoned Coral Oxide
Candied Apple Oxide
Red & White Bakers Twine
Orange Button
Watercolor paper

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of my card.  I took the Wild Honey Oxide, Fossilized Amber Oxide, Abandoned Coral Oxide and the Candied Apple Oxide and my craft mat and I rubbed some of the oxide inks on the mat and then spritzed it with water.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and swirled it around in the oxides and then I spritzed the paper some more and then dried it with my heat gun.  I took the CAS-ual Fridays Be stamp set and some black ink and stamped the sentiment and the butterflies onto the card and then I attached it to the Kraft card stock.  I took some Red & White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around the card a couple of times and tied it around an orange button.


Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code encourage17 to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.


Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the Design Team have made.


Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!


I would like to enter this card in the Simon Says:  Clean and Simple Wednesday Challenge.



I hope I have inspired you!!


Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! I love the background!! And that stamp is fabulous!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration photo, Lori, and I love what you did with it! Marvelous sentiment showcased against the oxide inks. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Such a pretty background! Great CAS design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous bg you created Lori, love the splatters! Cheers Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!